Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Guest Post: Take Care Of Yourself & The World Will Take Care Of You

Story time!

So instead of sitting in my bed being all cry baby I decided to ride my bike to half priced books. ( I joined a book club and need to get reading!) So I get almost there and realize I forgot my bike lock.

Victory number two: I didn't get mad or pissy at myself. Just rode home found it and headed back out!

Victory number three: While shopping I smiled at some lady. Then in the checkout line she was behind me and struck up a convo:

Her: If I could hear the music on your back what would it sound like?

Me: A lot like Neil Diamond's Cracklin' Rosie. It's the line that goes, "No need to say please to no man for a happy tune".

Her: Oh.
 
Me: I got it to remind myself that you need to find happiness within yourself.

Her: Find your own song within.

Me: Exactly.

Her: When Neil was here in the 70s I didn't go see him.

Me: Well if he comes back this way we can go together.

Her: Ok! But I don't have your number.

And that's how I made a new friend at Half Priced Books!

I feel like the lesson I learned from the universe was if you take care of yourself the world will take care of you....

-Rose Oldja

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing my story... I love sharing with you, and I hope that that others enjoy the sharing as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome! I enjoy sharing with you as well! Thanks for letting me use this! <3

    ReplyDelete